Expo News Updates

A look back at Whole Life Expo 2011 ~ stats, surveys, comments

JULIA WOODFORD ~ EXPO SHOW MANAGER

Whole Life Expo 2011, held on the weekend of November 25 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre,  was another terrific success. Attendees came from far and wide to experience this once-a-year opportunity to get together, sample the latest products, indulge in wonderful treatments, and learn the latest news in the world of natural health.

After reviewing attendance, analyzing attendee surveys, and recording feedback, we are happy to report that Expo 2011 was another well attended show. Over the 3 days, total attendance added up to approximately 18,500 which was up slightly from the year before. According to our survey, about 60% of attendees used their weekend Pass for one day, 30% used their Pass for two days, and 10% of attendees used their Pass for all 3 days. (We’re delighted that a total of 40% of attendees liked the show enough to return for a second and even third day.)

The Expo 2011 surveys also revealed that: 50% of folks came specifically to shop the exhibits and experience a variety of health treatments; 36% came to hear specific speakers; and 14% came for the networking and socializing opportunities. These numbers show increased public interest in our lecture program, which totalled a record 70 presentations at Expo 2011.

In terms of demographics, a whopping 74% of survey respondents were female, and 26% were male. (This confirms the large numbers of women who are seeking information, trying new products, and taking an active role in creating a healthier lifestyle for themselves and their families.) This could also reflect the fact that female attendees are more likely to fill out surveys than men.

In regards to the geographic breakdown,  72% of attendees came from within the GTA, 5% came from Durham region, and 23% came from areas farther afield including Caledon, Maple, Richmond Hill, Hamilton, Oakville, Kitchener, Barrie, London, and Newmarket. This is partly because Vitality Magazine, which is a significant driver of attendance to our show, reaches all of those regions across Ontario with the Expo Showguide www.vitalitymagazine.com

The types of transportation used to get to the Convention Centre were reported as follows: 56% TTC, 34% car, 7% GO Transit, 3% walk/bike.

In terms of age range, 49% of attendees were between 35 and 54, and 33% were between 55 and 75, and 18% were between 18 and 34. So the significant buying power of the boomer generation is definitely a presence at our show; these are the folks with the greatest interest in anti-aging, disease recovery, and healthy longevity.

Here is a sampling of some of the comments we received on the surveys:

- “This is my first time here. It is fun as well as interesting.” S. Cubecic

- “Excellent. I will be back next year.” T. Morrow

- “I would like to see a senior’s discount.” Z. Ricafrente

-  “I always look forward to the show. Keep up the good work.” S. Weshelow

-   “I came for the lectures, especially Sam Graci.” U. Andrachuk

-    “The exhibits are awesome.” D. Baker (London, Ont.)

-   “I love it that the exhibit/lecture pass is good for the whole weekend.” T. Honey

-   “Love the show. Worth the trip.” A. Blandizzi (Ajax, Ont.)

-   “I came to see Julie Daniluk, Brenda Cobb, Sam Graci. The lecture pass gives great value. It would usually cost $15 to see any one of these speakers. Here I can see all 3, and more, for that price.”   T. Edwards

-   “Great food! Please add more food vendors.” J. Wallace

Overall, the public response to our 70 lectures and 250 exhibits was terrific. If you wish to add your own comments to the mix, feel free to enter them in the space below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>