Bryce Wylde - host of Wylde on Health
By Julia Woodford
We are grateful for the terrific publicity that surrounded Whole Life Expo 2010. In fact, this event attracted more media coverage than in all of its previous 23 years in operation. So we extend a hearty thank you to all of the journalists and media personalities who came out to spend time at our show and carry the message to their various publications and networks. Here are some highlights:
– Prior to the show date, Bryce Wylde interviewed a number of Expo speakers on his popular Wylde on Health show on CP24, including Dr. Zoltan Rona, Nutritionist Julie Daniluk, and Pharmacist Mike Hannalah. You can watch the episodes at http://www.cp24.com/wyldeonhealth/
– Christine Stoesser, staff writer at Women’s Post, sipped and munched her way through tons of free samples offered by the exhibitors at the Expo. After gorging herself on healthy foods, she went on to attend some lectures, one of which really captured her imagination: “Empower the Business Goddess Within You” by Sandra Moon Dancer. You can read her commentary at: http://www.womenspost.ca/articles/life/finding-balance-whole-life-expo
– Meghan Telpner, a nutritionist and writer for the National Post, was captivated by the array of delicious treats offered by vendors at the show. She comments: “This weekend is one of the best Toronto has to offer for the public. Hundreds of vendors, some delicious food, a few great speakers and loads of enthusiastic people all wanting to live the very best life ever.” To read her complete article, click on this link: http://life.nationalpost.com/2010/11/23/making-love-in-the-kitchen-love-in-the-kitchen-guide-to-the-whole-life-expo/
– Culinary Nutritionist Marni Wasserman posted an excellent report on her favourite exhibitors and speakers at the show, complete with pictures. Here’s the link to her commentary: http://fullynourished.ca/tag/whole-life-expo/
– Journalist Janis Raisen posted an in depth commentary on her website, and was especially intrigued with the lecture on cancer by Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez. Find her report at: http://letstalksupplements.ca/2010/12/dr-nicholas-gonzalez-md-is-keeping-the-research-alive/
– The Gluten Free Living blog gave a personal account of experiences at the Expo, where attendees ate up all the gluten-free cupcakes on offer! http://www.glutenfreetoronto.com/blog/?p=216
– In addition, the 16 page Expo Showguide was carried in Vitality Magazine (56,000 copies), which gave people a complete view of the sizeable lecture schedule and exhibitor lineup. Of special interest was the Vitality interview with Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, the keynote speaker at the show. Find it at: http://vitalitymagazine.com/article/alternative-medicine-takes-on-cancer-and-wins/
The Expo was also promoted on CP24, and in NOW magazine.
As well, there were many tweets and facebook entries about the show, all of which contributed to the large crowds that turned out for our event. We had a great time!